A rapid, accurate, and reliable molecular test for STEC detection from a variety of food samples.
The Atlas® STEC EG2 Combo Detection Assay utilizes a novel approach for screening food samples for the presence of Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC), one of the most common pathogens associated with foodborne illness. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that there are approximately 265,000 STEC-related infections annually in the United States. Although E. coli O157:H7 is the most commonly identified STEC in North America, non-O157 STECs have also been implicated in human illness and food recalls.1
Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The Atlas STEC EG2 Combo Detection Assay is designed for the Atlas System, a fully automated molecular pathogen detection system. By combining a streamlined process with superior technology, the Atlas STEC EG2 Combo Detection Assay, together with the Atlas System, provides a fast, accurate result and the ultimate confidence in product quality.
As with other Atlas Detection Assays, the Atlas STEC EG2 Combo Detection Assay has an easy 3-step process that generates accurate results faster:
- Enrich—a single enrichment step with commercially available media allows for streamlined media preparation
- Transfer—an aliquot of the enrichment is transferred to a Roka G2 Sample Transfer Tube, and a single reaction in one tube provides results for O157:H7 and other STECs
- Automate—place the Roka G2 Transfer Tube directly on the Atlas System and walk away!
EASY 3-STEP PROCEDURE
It’s never been easier to get the results you need.
Assay Features and Benefits
The simple upstream processing power of the Atlas STEC EG2 Combo Detection Assay, combined with the powerful Atlas System, provides rapid, reliable results while optimizing throughput and efficiency. Your laboratory will reap the following benefits:
Simplify Your Testing
- The Atlas STEC EG2 Combo Detection Assay only requires a single pipette step throughout the entire test process
- All data and sample traceability is managed through the Atlas instrument without any manual input of sample IDs into the system
Increase Laboratory Efficiency
- The automated system removes many difficult manual procedures in assay processing
- The ability to load samples continuously eliminates the need for sample batching, allowing the laboratory to run samples more quickly and efficiently
- A harmonized enrichment media—Salmonella and STEC testing requires only one media for both assays
- The ability to load up to four unique tests allows laboratories to load multiple assays onto a single platform for testing
Ensure Confidence in Results
- Roka Bioscience’s powerful molecular technology enhances the sensitivity and specificity of the Atlas STEC EG2 Combo Detection Assay
- A superior STEC target eliminates false-positives due to co-contamination of Shiga toxin and the eae gene in multiple organisms
- The assay enables automated reagent tracking and sample barcoding to improve sample traceability
- An internal control is built into every reaction for the ultimate confidence in results validity
- AOAC approval is for the detection of 1 CFU for 375-g sample sizes
The Atlas STEC EG2 Combo Detection Assay harnesses the strength of three proven molecular technologies—Target Capture, Transcription-Mediated Amplification (TMA), and a Hybridization Protection Assay (HPA)—to reduce false-positives and -negatives. The result is increased sensitivity and specificity, minimizing the need for cumbersome retesting, even in the most difficult matrices.
Atlas STEC EG2 Combo Detection Assay
250 tests per kit
Catalog # PRT-01398
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. General Information: Escherichia coli (E. coli) http://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/general/index.html?s_cid=cs_002#top