A rapid and highly accurate molecular assay for detecting Salmonella bacteria in food and environmental samples.
The Atlas® Salmonella SEN Detection Assay brings speed and accuracy to molecular testing of food and environmental samples for the presence of Salmonella, a family of bacteria that is responsible for more foodborne hospitalizations than any other pathogen.1 Any raw food of animal origin, such as meat, poultry, milk and dairy products, eggs, seafood, and some fruits and vegetables, may carry Salmonella bacteria, which can also contaminate other foods that come in contact with raw meat and poultry. The Atlas Salmonella SEN Detection Assay, which is run on the Atlas System, is designed to assist the food safety industry in Salmonella testing as a means to ensure the quality and safety of the nation’s food supply.
Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The Atlas Salmonella SEN Detection Assay offers unparalleled ease of use while maintaining accuracy and sensitivity. While other tests require tedious multistep preparation processes, the Atlas Salmonella SEN Detection Assay has an easy 3-step process that generates accurate results faster:
- Enrich—a single enrichment step with commercially available media; 24 hours for Salmonella, 12 hours for Salmonella perishables
- Transfer—no multichannel pipetting, centrifugation, or heating required
- Automate—place the transfer tube directly into the instrument and walk away
EASY 3-STEP PROCEDURE
This simple upstream processing combined with the powerful Atlas System platform provides rapid, reliable results while optimizing throughput and efficiency.
It’s never been easier to get the results you need.
Assay Features and Benefits
The combined power of the Atlas Salmonella SEN Detection Assay and the Atlas System provides the following benefits to your laboratory:
- The assay requires minimal hands-on time to reconstitute reagents
- With its simple, one-time reconstitution, lack of requirement for secondary enrichment, and extended reagent shelf life, the assay helps save time
- Results from prepared samples are available in as little as 3 hours
- The assay can process 300 samples in an 8-hour period
- Roka Bioscience’s powerful molecular technology enhances the sensitivity and specificity of the assay
- Use of innovative docking collars assures accurate reconstitution
- No measuring or extra equipment is required, further simplifying reconstitution
- Color-coded labels simplify reagent identification and reconstitution
- The labels help laboratory technicians identity and pair each reconstitution solution with its appropriate reagent, while ensuring proper placement of each reagent on the reagent rack
- The Atlas Salmonella SEN Detection Assay kit offers extended stability
- The kit is manufactured with 18 months’ dating, providing ease in ordering, optimized inventory control, and efficient use of reagents
- Easy storage of reagents enables more efficient use of lab facilities
- Minimal refrigerator room is required for reagent storage
- The assay offers two convenient ways to store reconstituted reagents:
- Continuous storage on instrument for 96 hours
- Once reconstituted, return to refrigerator for up to 30 days’ storage
- The assay’s simple, one-step sample preparation makes it easier to prepare assay reagents, with no pipetting required
- With 250 tests per kit, “hands-on” requirements are minimized
- Automated reagent tracking and usage enables true “walk-away” automation
- There is no need to batch with continuous-access sample loading
- The assay’s intuitively guided user interface requires minimal training
The Atlas Salmonella SEN Detection Assay is run on the Atlas System. Together, they create a completely integrated system that provides the most reliable and efficient Salmonella testing available today.
The Atlas Salmonella SEN Detection Assay harnesses the strength of three proven molecular technologies—Target Capture, Transcription-Mediated Amplification (TMA), and a Hybridization Protection Assay (HPA)—to reduce false-positives and -negatives. The result is increased sensitivity and specificity, minimizing the need for cumbersome retesting, even in the most difficult matrices.
Atlas Salmonella SEN Detection Assay
250 tests per kit
Orders (or general questions about ordering): Customer Support
Product-related questions: Technical Support
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC Estimates of Foodborne Illness in the United States. http://www.cdc.gov/foodborneburden/2011-foodborne-estimates.html.